3. What is cryptocurrency?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

I'm not sure if the term cryptocurrency is appropriate, maybe cryptofinance or just cryptoeconomics. But why are you interested in it?

What excited me the most was the idea of being able to sell goods and services without any middle man. Being a business owner and having worked in the 90s with retail software gave me a taste of the good and bad things when it comes to credit card processors, banks and publishers. You can get very excited when your first customers buy your game/book/etc and think that you are progressing well. You can also become quite disillusioned when someone does a chargeback after taking goods or you see the massive amounts of fees some companies take (used to be upwards of 20% for some credit cards.

Anyone who has moved money from a bank on a Friday and got fined a late fee because the money wasn't in the right account on a Saturday also knows the pain with the current banking system. I mean, it is obvious that money cannot be moved on the weekend, right? Numbers in a computer can't be moved that easily!!! ;) Massive fees, slow transactions, account holds, fines, penalties, banks are great.

I got an excited feeling the first time I used Bitcoin and received my first, must have been 0.1 bitcoin. I felt like I was the bank for the first time and it gave me a nice feeling that maybe we could free ourselves from the banking system. My trail down the Bitcoin world unfortunately made me realize that it would not be that solution, at least not in its current incarnation. That is not to put down Bitcoin because it has achieved so much and spawned so many new ideas and is a valuable commodity to this day.

But why do you like cryptocurrency? To make money? Some other philosophical reason?

2. podizzle

podizzle New Member

its called fintech breh get with it

3. SuperTramp

SuperTramp Administrator Staff Member

I LOVE the fact that you can transfer $$ around the world in SECONDS [Cheaply] and it does not require a
    third party like, Western Union, Money Gram, Bank Wires etc..

4. higs

higs New Member

You can go take a tour of this place near me that prints money at will, then trucks off to banks to give loans and 'bailouts'.

http://www.bep.gov/fortworthtxtours.html

I like cryptocurrency because of the limited supply, cant just print sheets of money for the hell of it. I get it, its supposed to 'stimulate' the economy.. Does it?

5. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

Well fiat money is odd don't get me wrong, but our capitalistic society as we know it is built upon that concept now. I think fiat as it exists now could work "ok" if instead of the central banks being able to create money out of thin air that ability was given to everyone. That is how MicroCash works anyhow by decentralizing money creation. Decentral bank perhaps.

I'm not really aware of any systems that have less issues than capitalism..... but it is far from perfect.