Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. necom

necom Administrator Staff Member MC Developer

First of all, welcome to the wonderful world of MicroCash community volunteer... things. We're growing fast and we're looking for good people. If you have an interest in helping out, this is the place to find some stuff that needs done.

I'll/we'll fill out this instruction-y list more soon, but here's roughly what will happen in this forum:
    • Each task will be assigned a thread. We will do our best to make sure each thread is kept ON TOPIC to the task listed.
    • The thread's title will include much of the information about the task, including things like priority/urgency and the general field of expertise required. e.g.:
      • "[marketing] Post some updates on social media about the new MC Alpha 3 build"
        • This would be a task you might pick if you want to do some publicity work for us since it's flagged as "marketing" related.
      • "*HIGH* [moderator] We need to add another moderator or two to the forum staff"
        • This is flagged as *HIGH* which means it's high priority (duh?), and also shows it's a "moderator" type task, so you can ignore it in the list if you don't think that's something you're up for.
      • ..more info on this stuff soon as I think through ways to do this. I'll post an explicit guide and pin it.
    • Commitment is very important to us.
      • If you want to be involved in a task, make sure you can actually do it (or at least you're very willing to learn quickly so you can get it done). Sometimes things move really fast, so if you want to help but you don't have time, you are encouraged to indicate your interest, but be VERY clear that you have limited time in case another user shows up and can do the work more quickly.
      • Just because you have limited time doesn't mean you're not a committed volunteer. We will do our best to place you in a position where you can still help out, but your limited time won't hold anyone else back if a task needs done in a hurry (or if the priority suddenly changes, etc.)
    • Other stuff and such, yadda... more info soon-ish.

2. necom

necom Administrator Staff Member MC Developer

Template for new tasks: (WIP)

Priority:

(low/medium/high/immediate/..)

Status Details:
    (Quick statement about what's going on with this task. Put task status in the thread title: (open/deferred/stuck/closed/...))

Issue:
    (brief explanation of the issue -- should be summary here mostly, so you can put more details down below.. or something like this, I think, to keep the OP cleaner & quicker to assess. Put details and progress in replies.)

References:
    (Links out to relevant info on the topic: code snippets, forum posts, articles, etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.