1. necom

necom Administrator Staff Member MC Developer

..also as a general note, I do like the name MicroCash quite a lot in general, but I do think there might be room for the core of this tech to be called something else, if that moniker shines through. As a very fast currency in the vein of this MC thing, "MicroCash" is a good name, but to describe the bigger picture, maybe there's something better.

2. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

It may be a good idea to split the technology away from the currency. What MicroCash is, is a small section of the actual code base. Some economics and rules that govern a financial state. Probably about 500 lines specific to MC when all is done.

There are some benefits to coding a rube goldberg source like Bitcoin though, making it hard to untangle the nest of weeds from anything else has made competitors much harder to actually be better than Bitcoin. Last I checked they were still using some very bad wallet code from the first builds of Bitcoin, in 2009. So critical parts haven't been updated in nearly 7 years due to the difficulty in working with the codebase.

I don't want the MC source to do this as it can be used in many different things and I hope it can be useful to the world in a lot of different ways, not just cryptocurrency based.

3. Dcom

Dcom New Member

What about NetCash, WorldCash or WebCash?

4. Sujiram

Sujiram New Member

5. Ryler Sturden

All good, probably netcash sounds best of those. Hmm netcash.

6. Ryler Sturden

Yes well their patents can go suck a big one for all I care. Software patents are evil. Some guy can patent something that anyone who ever tries to solve that same problem would come up with. It is like asking "How would you count the characters in a string?" And then some guy patents a for loop that checks each position in array looking for the null terminator. Just sickening how our society lets crap like this happen.

In regards to it having other uses you are right. I don't necessarily see it all about currency, it is transactions, and they can carry any types of data.

7. Sujiram

Sujiram New Member

We are trying to find gold finger here, but maybe is better to separate name of technology from money units?
    For example Technology: "SkyNet"
    Money: "SkyDollars"

8. Ryler Sturden

Yes I agree something like this would be best. I think due to time constraints it may be best to do this after the source is released. This way it can be done by others who are maybe using it in their own projects or something like that. I don't want to get bogged down in superficial things at this stage because it is more important to release something than not to. I have to keep reminding myself what is more important here because I do not want to disappoint people again.

9. pineapples

pineapples Member

focus on the tech, and some side discussoin can perhaps continue with branding.
    They have no necessary relationship ;)

I agree microcash has it's pro/cons, but cannot think of anything better at the moment.

although i do like MicroChas

10. bitmonk

bitmonk New Member

Why not cybercash? or bitgold or cryptocash??