1. yuppie

yuppie New Member

We've got a wiki started over at wiki.microcash.org.

Currently, you can only "request" an account but you should be approved quickly.

Editing privileges need to be granted by an admin, and you can request any special privileges here.

Anything you think the wiki needs or should have can be discussed here.

Mods: Please move this thread over to "News and Announcements" when you see this.

2. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

Nice work yuppie. I have a couple things I want to add later!

3. MrCrazy

MrCrazy New Member

Nice work indeed. I saw rs say that the forum needed a section for 'other coins' do you guys plan to do the same with the wiki page? Might be a decent idea if more than just one person works on it ;-)

4. yuppie

yuppie New Member

I think the focus should be on getting all the information on MicroCash up there first, before writing down stuff about other coins.

We'd love to have more people creating content for the wiki, so be sure to sign up and start writing.

5. Ryler Sturden

I started a technical section and will expand it as I go. You have done a great job so far yuppie.

6. GielBier

GielBier Moderator Staff Member

Just saw the wiki. Nice!
    A techical section with api methods would be nice.

7. Ryler Sturden

Yeah good point I will get on that gielbier.

8. Ryler Sturden

Did the wiki change recently? The editor seems different.

9. yuppie

yuppie New Member

The wiki is dead...

10. necom

necom Administrator Staff Member MC Developer

I might look to revive this thing at some point soon. I'm assuming all the prior content of the wiki is now gone, but please let me know if there was a backup, Yuppie.

11. yuppie

yuppie New Member

There actually is a backup. I took a snapshot of the running instance on March 4th. Not sure what content is in there but it might be the whole wiki. Let me know if you want it and how I can give it to you.

12. necom

necom Administrator Staff Member MC Developer

Great, thanks! I'll definitely take a copy of it, to see if there's anything to salvage. You put a lot of work into it, so it was a shame your efforts were wasted. I just want to maybe fire it up and backup the content, at the least, so I'll maybe restore it on the side just long enough to extract the content... or pull stuff out of the db directly, of course. Not sure.

I personally don't know if I'd go w/ MediaWiki again or not, but it's nice to have the option, thanks.

Maybe you can upload it somewhere (depending on how big it is) and PM me a link to a private download link? If that doesn't work for you, suggest something else.

Thanks a lot.