1. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

I have written an extension for Xenforo that now displays your earned MicroCash as per the thread here :- https://forums.microcash.org/threads/how-to-get-microcash-initial-economic-seeding.27/

Simply go to https://forums.microcash.org/account/personal-details

And you should see what you have earned thus far. I will be implementing the referral system pretty soon so you can also start giving out your referral links and have that count towards your total too. All community earned MicroCash will go there and once we get a proper Xenforo developer we will try to make more use of this.

2. Ryler Sturden

I just added referrals to this community MicroCash earned count too, to encourage people to get more people earning MicroCash. The aim is to get as much of this in as many peoples hands as possible instead of centralizing it in the few.

(1) You get 1MC for each referral to the forum. You get 0.5MC for each referral that person adds. For these to count those users must write at least 1000 words.

(2) You get 0.5MC for each 1000 words a direct referral writes. You get 0.25MC for each 1000 words an indirect referral adds.

Please be aware that it is impossible to "Game" this referral system. All the counts are updated completely at least once a day so any moderation that occurs will affect the final balance. ie People's words and referrals will only count if those users and their words stay on the forum.

The final count of MC you earned will only be valid at the launch of MicroCash. So any moderation or breaking of the rules that a user may do will affect all these things until this economic seeding process is finished. The point I am trying to make is if you refer someone who ends up breaking the rules and getting banned and your MC generated lowers the next day, don't be surprised. If one of your posts is moderated because you break the rules it will not count.

Hopefully this all seems obvious to everyone. The admins and moderators all have directives to be as fair as possible on this front and not to overly moderate unless things like threats and harsh personal attacks are made or spamming. We want to have a friendly community here, even if we disagree we can disagree without being mean to each other. I know other forums tolerate a lot more and many people expect complete freedom when it comes to writing things but we try to maintain some semblance of order here.

All community earned MicroCash will be posted publicly at some point, attached to your forum handle (no email or anything else will be displayed). I may create an option to exclude yourself from receiving any MicroCash generated which will stop you being publicly listed if so desired. All community earned MicroCash needs to be viewable by public to ensure integrity and openness of the system.

Everything created in the initial MicroCash seed will be able to be backtraced to a seed point which is extremely important in my opinion to show we are trying our best to be fair. I do not want any magic numbers or bullshit in this seed - it has to be pure.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    Jibble likes this.
  3. Ryler Sturden

Hi everyone, I just added the ability to set referral using a link.

https://microcash.org/forums/?refid=your_username

If your name has spaces in it like mine, simply replace them with underscores.

https://microcash.org/forums/?refid=Ryler_Sturden

Any user then coming to the site will immediately be redirected back to the root forum without your refid in the url, and then have a cookie set for 3 days. Meaning if they register in the next 3 days after following your link you will be attributed as the referrer. If they follow another referral link any existing referrer will still exist, to protect the first in best dressed principle. If the referrer is set it hides that area on signup so the user can just signup without having to manually fill it in.

For testing purposes the registration area is here, only available if you are logged out. https://microcash.org/register/
    If you go there as a logged out user you should see the member referrer area. If you then click my link it should hide it there. You can delete the cookie in your browser to reset it for testing purposes. For chrome if you right click a page and click inspect, then go to RESOURCES, COOKIES, microcash.org and delete the mcref cookie.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. SuperTramp

SuperTramp Administrator Staff Member

My balance looks to be updating nicely. I am curious, how often are balances set to update?

5. Ryler Sturden

Every 30 minutes currently. It may be changed to longer periods if it gets too slow.

6. Ryler Sturden

necom has fixed a bug in the MicroCash community calculator that was incorrectly calculating words that people were quoting from other users. If your word count has dropped then this is the reason!

7. pineapples

pineapples Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. Ryler Sturden

That should work fine pineapples.

9. pineapples

pineapples Member

10. Ryler Sturden

Oh right, you want it to stay in the thread selected. That should be possible, I'll look into it.

11. indolaron

indolaron New Member

Say Hello,
    I am new member this forum...
    How to get some $MC apart from referrals? create a thread, reply to comments or the other?

12. roméo

roméo New Member

13. Ryler Sturden

I fixed a little bug with the initial redirect which was on first post. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  14. daemon

daemon New Member

Is the referral system even work here? How soon can someone claim the awards from their referrals? should the person put his username as the referral id or is there something missing?

15. Ryler Sturden

Yes it should work, it should show you the number of referrals who have signed up using YOUR NAME as the referrer. It is in the link I posted.

16. daemon

daemon New Member

17. Ryler Sturden

Ok sorry, I should update that thread.

https://microcash.org/forums/?refid=daemon

Should work. You were using the old site URL. Just basically tack a ?refid=daemon to any valid URL you can get from this current site and it should work! You should see a mcref cookie in your browser with the name put in refid. If you PM me the users you think should be under your refid I will try to help you out.

18. Ryler Sturden

Ok you should be fixed now daemon.

19. daemon

daemon New Member

Thanks for that quick reply and fix. More power to this forum!