1. roméo

roméo New Member

Hey!

As you may know, i'm a supporter of NXT.
    Not only because i own some but because I trully think it's a technical gem with very good developpers behind it.

It was a pretty big deal 1 or 2 years ago with 10 millions marketcap. Today the marketcap is still the same but some others hype coin passed it.
    But unlike some of those other 2.0 hypecoin out there, NXT is working and running with a tons of features :

-Asset exchange
    -Marketplace
    -Voting system
    -Messaging
    -Shuffling
    -Monetary system (create your own coin on top of NXT)

It's not just vaporware and promesses. And the developpement is still full steam ahead.

Official forum are here : https://nxtforum.org/
    Current hot thread is the NXT 2.0 design debate : https://nxtforum.org/core-development-discussion/nxt-2-0-design/

You can try the demo here : www.NXT.org

So, what do you think of NXT?

2. Ryler Sturden

Ryler Sturden Member Staff Member MC Developer

Thanks Bidji, can you tell us what NXT2 will bring that will help the crypto community?

3. roméo

roméo New Member

The problem with the current design of NXT is the scaling potential. All those feature have a cost and the blockchain risk being too big to download and process in the future.

The solution is to transform NXT into fNXT / NXT.

Where fNXT is the forging Main/parent chain
    And NXT is the copy of the current blockchain but as a child chain, without the forging power.

It allow the NXT chain to be more prunable and scalable in the long term
    The other benefit is the possibility to add more child chain ( a new coin for a private company for exemple, who will benefit from all the feature of NXT without interference from all activity on the NXT chain)

4. Ryler Sturden

Does NXT have a benchmark or something we can run to test it out? MicroCash in alpha 3 can get over 16000 tx on my PC. It would be great to compare to NXT2 to see how it does.

5. roméo

roméo New Member

a block can contain approx 200 transaction. There is one every minute. It could be increased but there is no need for now.

Your 16k are only theoritical. It's not taking into account all the potential bottleneck

6. Ryler Sturden

So NXT2 currently handles about 4 transactions per second? That's more than Bitcoin average so pretty good I guess but shouldn't the scaleability of NXT2 be built in from the start?

7. roméo

roméo New Member

There is long term plan to increase it but since it's not needed yet. Other stuff is developed first

8. Ryler Sturden

Sounds good bidji, if you have any more news or whatever feel free to update us. Thanks.

9. roméo

roméo New Member

10. Ryler Sturden

Why did they decide to launch a NXT2.0 instead of just a whole new rebranding? While it may not necessarily be true, some people like to associate past failings based on name alone.

11. roméo

roméo New Member

there will be a rebranding probably. FNX and FXT will be renamed, but NXT will stay i think.

12. Ryler Sturden

Do you think that is a good idea?